Finished: The french doorway header we put in between the dining room and living room. Before it was a single door off to the side.
See that door way? It was small and really shut off the living room from the dining room and kitchen.
Now that whole wall of studs you see to the left is basically a span wide enough for french doors and some 'sidelights' (indoor window panes up the sides of the doors). Although its not even walled in or anything, it looks BEAUTIFUL!! (I'll post what it looks like, when I get my camera charged.)
- Kitchen windows framed in.
- Kitchen doorway we are getting rid of, closed in. (the one on the right)
- Linen closet smaller--so the cold air return can be in there--so there is more room in the new laundry room! Which is important, because how can one fill up the linen closet if one don't have a highly functionable laundry room?--first things first a this house!)
- Powder Room framed up--almost--might have to change something.
- Changing the size of the powder room doorway.
- Framing master closet wall.
- Framing toilet room in master bath.
I am very thankful for my extremely hard working husband. Seriously, and in the COLD weather. (I don about 4 layers which makes it hard to move, but at least I'm warm. Being warm is more productive then being free to move--learned that the hard way!)
I better go get some sleep if we are going to get this house done by 2014!